Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Four ears and a celebrity sighting.

Lots of things happening but little time to post; leave it to a night of insomnia to finally get me behind the keyboard!

The corn is coming along as well as can be expected, I suppose! We had another visitor stop and engage us in conversation about our corn the other day (it mostly went like the majority of our conversations about the corn go:
 "Is that corn?"
 "Yeah!"
 "That's so cool!"
 "We know! We couldn't believe it when it started growing."
 "Wait you didn't plant it?"
 "No, we just thought it was some weird tropical plant, and then---"

And then we had the makings of four ears! Two have prominent silks that have unfurled themselves in hopes of catching some tassel seeds, or whatever they're called (and to be honest, Mike and I have been attempting to help them along with this to some extent); two are still working their way out. 

In other news, Mike and I are on a 30 day challenge, wherein we have resolved to not eat out for 30 days (except for my birthday, which is next week). I, of course, promptly broke that resolution with a meal out to celebration a friend and coworker's completion of his dissertation, complete with a stop to our favorite cake shop for some cupcakes. In retribution, I returned home to a letter from my doctor containing my latest blood test results and the words "Less Carbs & Sugar!" Oh, how the universe works together to mock me.

Also, Stephanie, Lisa & I went to see Julie & Julia this past Sunday. It's a cute movie, and we're all pretty into food and cooking and the like, so it was a good fit for us. Also a good fit? Running into some of the cast and crew of the movie "Flipped," which is filming here in town! We recognized Anthony Edwards and Rob Reiner, but they were with a number of others that I'm sure were members of the cast and crew. I admit, we did giggle a bit when they came into our theatre. 

I think to start my career as a food blogger, I might write a real review of the movie at some point. Or maybe of dinner next week at the new Ann Arbor locavore restaurant, grange (where mike is taking me for my birthday!). 

But not now. Now is bedtime. Good night, all! 

2 comments:

  1. I'll be waiting for that Grange review....
    And Happy Birthday next week!!
    P.S. Apparently Rob Reiner is renting a house off of hole #6 at Polo Fields in Ann Arbor. :-)

    ReplyDelete