Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Things.

I've always been a sucker for new things. I like the crinkle of plastic and the gleam of shiny surfaces. I get drawn to products I'd never by when they change up their packaging. This past month has been a flurry of new things, all of which mean I will have a bundle of things to post about--and, finally, a means with which to post. 

First off, Mike and I have bought a house! It is adorable, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, finished basement, 2 fireplaces, brick, looks out over a ravine. This house is totally us. We've been working on renovating it (painting, putting down carpet, hanging blinds, tearing out closets) for the past month. Finally, on Sunday, we get to move into it. We packed our first boxes tonight. After the weeks of working on the house, I'm already exhausted.

Second, I realized that I can buy computer stuff through the university I work at! This means I am the proud new owner of a Macbook, which I am using to type to you RIGHT NOW! No more shoddy and cheap Acer PC for me! No more overheating after 10 minutes. No more taking 5 of those minutes for Vista to boot up. Finally, I can write again.

Now I just need to find the battery charger for camera; then I can post pictures!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!!!!! yeah for new house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Housewarming soon so everybody can come see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the stupid basement, but thrilled you're all moved in and getting settled! Exciting times!!!

    Now, if you would just send some good juju our way, so we hear back from the stupid bank sometime soon! Pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ju-ju coming your way, Mrs. Stratton! I can't believe this is taking so long for you guys!

    ReplyDelete