Friday, April 24, 2009

Unpacking (and the desire for normalcy)

We've been in the house since Sunday. By Wednesday, I felt like I was going to explode. 

There are boxes everywhere still; I get dressed by digging through crates and finding the first clean and presentable items I can put together. 

The basement is still leaking, after reconstruction on the chimney and regrading the ground and extending the downspout further from the house. The B-Dri guy is looking into it now. 

I finally have a kitchen, but the only thing I've cooked in it is Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. I'm hoping to make a big pot of hungarian potato soup this weekend--while also unpacking everything and cleaning the old apartment so we can finally be out of it. It's also supposed to be 80 degrees; is it too much to ask that I might get to work on my yard some?

Mike's parents come to visit Saturday; Erin's coming over Sunday. Jean is stopping by Saturday morning to drop off a wee table for us. How am I supposed to fit in all this work and socializing in two days without waking up Monday feeling like I need a vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment