Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sicky.

Today marks my second day home sick this week. 

I thought it was just allergies at first. After all, I'd done four hours of yard work, AND my animals are all in the midst of shedding season. My sinuses filled, my head ached. I didn't want to wake up Sunday morning, so I spent most of it in bed, sniffling. I downed my allergy medicine and waited for it work it's magic. It didn't. 

I went about the rest of my day, convincing myself that all I needed was to get moving. My head started aching terribly. Just dehydration, I said, drinking large glasses of water, which only served to make my throat start itching. 

So here I am, under the covers. I slept most of yesterday away, spending the rest of it reading and playing Animal Crossing. Maggie slept with me, which means that when it was actually nighttime and time for sleep, she was as restless as anything. I threw some toys for her while I slept on the couch (the better to not contaminate Mike). I actually fell asleep with a toy in my hand. 

At least I was productive last week so I had homemade chicken stock for soup. I've downed a bunch of Emergen-C as well, and Nyquil, and goddammit, something has to start working. I'm running out of sick time until September. I need to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment