Monday, February 2, 2009

Simple Pleasures

My favorite thing in the world is waking up early to take care of something (walking the dog, for instance) and then crawling back into bed for another hour or two of sleep. The sleep I get then is the best sleep in the world.

The second best sleep in the world is the sleep I get curled up on the couch watching a favorite movie, like Robin Hood, or playing Animal Crossing--though Mike would disagree with me. 

My favorite people in the world --my family, Mike, my friends-- can make a bad day seem good.

I never thought I'd meet someone who I would feel so completely at home with, so comfortable, so in tune. Then I met Mike. 

I love my animals. Just watching Maggie play with a toy is like a brief meditation.

What I wouldn't give for a warm cup of tea and a biscotti some place other than work right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment